.

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Society Versus the Individual in Gather Together in My Name :: Gather Together in My Name Essays

high society Versus the Individual in Gather Together in My appoint             I reassured myself. I was helping my man. And, after all, there was vigor wrong with devolve on. I had no need for shame. Society dictated that sex was only licensed by marriage documents. Well, I didnt agree with that. Society is a conglomerate of valet beings and thats just what I was. A human being. What we have here from Maya Angelous novel, Gather Together in My Name, is the basic difference of opinion of society against the individual. Who wins? Well, according to Angelou, the answer is no wizard wins because everyone loses. It is this particular base of operations that needs to be addressed the most for two reasons. One is that Maya Angelou is one of the first black females to write about the Ritas of the world. The second, which is the one under investigation in this essay, is in reference to John Oliver Killens criticism, This is the apologue of a immense heroine who knows the meaning of a struggle and never loses her pride or haughtiness. Indeed, her story makes me proud of the human race. I had no idea what I was tone ending to make of my life, but I had given a promise and put in my innocence. I swore Id never lose it again. Those words spoken by Rita at the end of the novel seem to support Killens appraisal. However, while an eighteen-year-old mother, who has had numerous failures and all the same a greater number of affairs, may know the meaning of a struggle quite well, it is not so that she never loses her pride or dignity. In fact, it is doubtful as to whether or not, even by the stories end, she has provided found it. One may argue that she found her pride and dignity after she halt smoking pot or after she stopped prostituting or after (about the fifth time) she promised herself she would get her life together. Unfortunately, none of these are valid, for Rita did not actually discontinue the use of pot , she just ran out. Rita sleeps with a drug addict named Troubadour Martin for the security she thought she would receive from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment