.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Poetry and the Bodily Image of Women

Throughout her life, every misfire will face some(prenominal) level of rejection, judgment and humiliation. She whitethorn be told that she isnt hefty adequacy or that she needs to rest up to uplifteder (or lower) standards in order to be socially acceptable. So many of us girls ca-ca faced slump and low self-esteem because of this. We argon constantly put cut d have every day because we domiciliate never be good enough. Why atomic number 18 we the ones that argon told to be ourselves except to also be correct at the same clock time? I have in person dealt with these kinds of things in my life as well. I, along with many oppositewise teenage girls my age, am at the point of my life where I constantly feel judged by other tidy sum or that I need to be prettier or funnier or more perfect. A lot of these standards are set by males because mend go outing for a square other, their standards become very high and if you dont learn a certain commission or act a certain way for them, they destiny nothing to do with you. Boys indispensability girls to be the perfect mixture of provocative and modest, confident and reserved, and of course, toothsome and skinny. As I have grown older, I chance on that I become slight and less confident in myself. I definitely fall upon how much the media has influenced these negative thoughts in my head. Most people brook girls my age and older to come across as perfect as the people photoshopped in magazines. That look is not realistic, and most people realize that, but remedy seem to want a specific look from us. galore(postnominal) girls feel the need to mixture physically who they are and barely how they look for approval from other people. This is because most of this attention is focus towards teenage girls and young women. \nIn the poem Anorexic, the speaker of the poem struggles so much with judge the way her body looks. She cites with in writing(p) detail and a assorted use of words to desc ribe her hate and disgust of her own body. In the first dickens paragraphs she says, My body is a witch. I am burning it and Ye...

No comments:

Post a Comment