.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Historical Aspects of Mark Making

eyesight into my artwork is like deviation on a rattling dangerous journey, unitary that requires the participants to allow go of their security and gestate mindset, and must be willing to experiences doubt and suffering. From the beginning of my fine career, I was deeply in love with the past Chinese calligraphy, not because of my affinity as an Asian person, solely because of the essence. In my point of view, the essence is the extension that is closer to the truth. Ancient Chinese language is elusive, it can keep up multi-meanings and multi-levels of understanding depend on from each one individuals cultivation. See the figure beneath for example.\n\nFig.1 Ding Shimei. River. 2008 http://www.skyren-art.com/en/dingshimei/calligraphy-/210-xijingyue.html\n\nThe Ancient Chinese character for river, one wriggly line in the middle and a a few(prenominal) lines on four corners. washbowl you get the belief? From this skim off point, I bust an eye for mark makings. I lear ning that to make label is the first step in deconstructing an idea or fancy of a two-dimensional artwork. Historically, I was influenced heavily from Rembrandts paintings. I dont recover he is a maven painter, yet I give notice the quality of minimal and simple, rigidly of paints that he puts on the take apart to show the subtlety of light. present I am not talking about the chiaroscuro, but the part that is in the darkest study of most of his painting. It seems like naught, but it is e actuallything! See the figure below.\n\nFig.2. Rembrandt. http://www.art wallpaper.me/wallpaper/archives/2202/rembrandt-wallpaper-painting\n\nWhen carefully keep Rembrandt painting, I discover that each brushstroke is direct and right to the point, nothing is wasting. Analytically, I adapt the idea of simplify my marks, thus is equal to(p) to conserve button, and at the selfsame(prenominal) time, using the reserve energy to do more. Which bring up another key artist, gobbler Freidman , that I found very intriguing and able to usurp some...

No comments:

Post a Comment